Happy sunny Sunday fellas!
Everyone loves music, It has that unique ability to completely change your mood or remind you of a special moment or time in your life when you first heard a particular song. Some songs you hear for the first time and instantly connect with them, while others are made special by when and where or even who you were with when you first heard them. I really love good music, and since I solo travel most of the time, my best companions on the road are a good playlist and a good book. So here is a list of the best 15 travel songs I selected from my playlist, not an easy task but I wasn’t going to put all my travel playlist on the blog, this would take like 5 or 6 posts! There is no particular order of the songs on this list and they’re all about places, or connections to places; about moving, or wishing that you were. Songs that remind me of places I’ve been, and places that I still want to go.
– Sweet Home Alabama – Lynyrd Skynyrd
– A thousand miles- Vanessa Carlton (Boyce Avenue cover)
– Belief- John Mayer
– Change your mind- Boyce avenue
– Fast car- Tracy Chapman
– Dog days are over- Florence and the machine
– Are you gonna go my way – Lenny Kravitz
– Come fly with me- Michael Bublé
– Walking in Memphis – Marc Cohn
– Leaving on a jet plane – John Denver
– Whowa- Oum
– Bohemian Rhapsody – Queen
– Come away with me- Norah Jones
– Proud Mary- Tina Turner
– Sitting on the dock of the bay-Otis Redding
For those of you who are travelling these holidays may this mix of music relieve your transit boredom, connect you with people you meet on the road, and remind you of home when you need it. If not, I hope that at least this list gives you an excuse to sing and dance – because you can never have enough singing and dancing in this life!
Cheers to the places we yet have to go to!